Three types of software for sales management are in use:
BPM (business process management) software
This type of software supports employees in their execution of sales functions. Examples of BPM software for sales are for instance:
- Funnel /pipeline management software,
- Call center software,
- Customer feedback software.
"Dashboards often provide at-a-glance views of KPIs (key performance indicators) relevant to a particular objective or business process (e.g. sales, marketing, human resources or production)In real-world terms, "dashboard" is another name for "progress report" or "report." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dashboard_(business)"
For the examples listed above a dashboard could show, for instance:
- Funnel /pipeline management Software: volume in pipeline, opportunity win rate,
- Call center software: number calls received, waiting time, abandon rate
- Customer feedback software: number feedbacks by type, time to reply/resolve.
Project management software
Project management software supports teams in leading projects with functions for designing, planning, execution, controlling and concluding projects.
The DELTA T Cockpit: Project management software for leading sales organizations
Operational sales leadership: Leading complex distributed projects
Operational plans are project plans aimed at resolving existing or expected constraints, which hinder the sales ecosystem to achieve the operational sales goal.
Leading sales units
Based on the "doing five things right" principle the DELTA T Cockpit simplifies the task of operational sales leadership. It supports leaders and operational teams to:
- Set the right operational goals (with goal charts),
- Design the right operational plans,
- Lead execution of operational sales plans (tracking progress in quick reviews),
- Check these plans with deep reviews, and
- Lead the PEC cycle and the development of a culture of operational excellence.
Leading sales organizations
In sales organizations each unit needs to apply its own PEC cycle and the related tasks. The DELTA T Cockpit supports this work individually by unit and thus offers focused and relevant oversight for the entire organization.
- Scalable: from small start-up to global enterprises
- Flexible: easy to manage reorganizations (splitting, merging, changes of accountability)
- Easy to use: one single screen for all users, with only four widgets: (1) operational sales goal, (2) work desk of user, (3) level of operational excellence and (4) mailbox.
- Worldwide access: for members of operational teams.
- Software as a service: no cost for company internal I.T.